04 February, 2009

Day 2 - Trip to Malaysia - The Wedding Ceremony

It's Day 2 of my Malaysia Trip, the D Day! The very main reason why I actually went to Alor Star is because of my dear friend's wedding. Esther and Jermo's love story is truly an inspiration to me.Can you imagine how this "Finnish Guy" fell in love with this "Chinese Girl?" Allow me to share it with you.
Esther was selling photocopying machine to one company in Malaysia when she saw this guy Jermo. At that time, Jermo was sent by F-Secure Finland to Malaysia for a short work assigment. As common practice in the business world, Esther gave out her business card to people in that said company including Jermo and had a quick chat with him. At one point of their very casual conversation, Esther asked until when he will be in Malaysia and Jermo said 1 more day and he'll go back to Finland. Esther followed up with, "have you been around?" and Jermo said no.Esther then asked if he wants her to tour him around the next day as she finds it too bad for him not to even go around Malaysia before he leaves. Jermo said yes, and that's where it all began..............
My gosh, time and again, their love story assures me that if married life is for me, my prince charming will come and NO ONE can ever stop him. hahahaha
the bridal car! (yes, indeed! hahaha)

the groom and his family starting to do the task as part of tradition

It was my first time to witness a Chinese Wedding and I tell you, I enjoyed the whole ceremony. There was a chasing game for the groom. Jermo together with his bestman and family members were asked to do some "tasks" before the groom can even have the bride. It was followed by all sorts of other rituals like giving of "ang pau", respect to elders, praying with incense, eating, exchange of vows and rings, picture-taking etc.It was such an interesting and lovely experience.

one game the bride made for his groom

how sweet!!!!


throughout the ceremony, respect to elders was very evident
the groom's family with the couple

the bride's family


It's me while my friend teases me with her bouquet! hahaha funny!
my favorite shot!

Congratulations to my dear friend Esther and Jermo! May you have a wonderful marriage life ahead of you!
THE WEDDING BANQUET
Held at STAR CITY HOTEL, Jade and I were very excited! But as much as I want to relax and enjoy the food and the whole celebration, I couldn't help but feel so uneasy because I was asked to sing. My CD didn't really work well with their sound system but by God's grace, I managed to get through my number. It was my first time to sing in a large crowd after how many months, whoa what a night!

Jade and I ready to go to the banquet!

my gosh, my friend is very pretty!!!!!

esther's niece, so cute!!!!
ako naman pa-cute! hahaha
evelyn and moi!
I can't believe how addict my friend is for pictures. Imagine, after the very tiring and long event she went to my room and asked for more pictures together. Grabeeeee!!!!! :-)

kuleeeetttt di ba? hehehe
ang sexy! di ko kinaya si esther! hehehe


I WILL TRULY MISS YOU MAH!!!! THANK YOU FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL MEMORIES!
LUV YAH! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment